Ravand’s Reaslistic Resource and Texture Pack is a pack with an heavy emphasis on creating a realistic and medieval styled look and feel for Minecraft. It is one of the most popular realistic resource packs at the moment, due to the quality and very well made textures found in it, as well as due to being very efficiently updated, usually keeping up with the newest version of Minecraft. Each biome has a more unique look, and every block in every biome has been given new and upgraded textures.
Each biome has its own unique ambience and different kinds of fog and skies, contributing to the more unique look of them, they will look and feel quite different from the default Minecraft resource pack.
As stated earlier, the pack has a medieval style, which means that things look more medieval than they do in default Minecraft, things such as torches, doors, windows and so on will have a rougher and hardened look, often with more metal and just more medieval. The pack also supports mods such as the CTM Mod, Aether as well as the Better Sky option found in MCPatcher.
Because this pack uses higher resolution textures, it will be more demanding of your system than default Minecraft is, so keep that in mind. There are several versions of the pack though, and a lower resolution one will run better, but 64×64 is the recommended version.
The pack really changes the look of the game to that of a more darker and grittier game, which is very different from the normal pixelated look of it, but it also makes it more immersive. The pack looks fine with most builds and structures, but works best for medieval constructions, due to the style of this pack.
All in all, this pack makes the textures much smoother and crispier, and if you want your game to look more realistic, this is one of the best packs out there. It makes the game look better, and considering the restraints of the game, does a good job of it. Everything is still blocky and minecrafty, but in much higher resolution, and with a darker and grittier style.
Here is a comparison to the default Minecraft resource pack:
How to install the Ravand’s Realistic Resource and Texture Pack for Minecraft:
- Download the Resource Pack.
- Install MCPatcher or OptiFine.
- Start Minecraft.
- Press Esc and go to options.
- Click on “Resource Packs”.
- Click on “Open resource pack folder”.
- Put the .zip file that you downloaded into the resource pack folder.
- The resource pack should now appear in Minecraft, now choose the resource pack and click “Done”.
- Enjoy the new, better, and more realistic Minecraft!
- Download Ravand’s Realistic for Minecraft 1.7.x [16×16]
- Download Ravand’s Realistic for Minecraft 1.7.x [32×32]
- Download Ravand’s Realistic for Minecraft 1.7.x [64×64] (Recommended version)
- Download Ravand’s Realistic for Minecraft 1.7.x [128×128]
- Download Ravand’s Realistic for Minecraft 1.7.x [256×256]