The Minecraft Enhanced Texture and Resource Pack has one simple goal: take the style of default Minecraft, and make it look better and change it to HD. This is what this pack aims to do, and have done with great success. This pack is more or less the look of the default Minecraft Pack, only in a lot higher resolution, with better graphics, smoother blocks, and overall, better looking. It doesn’t add any new themes, there is no RPG, medieval, or modern theme here, it is simple Minecraft with a face-lift.
This pack is very much recommended if you like how the default Minecraft looks, but also want a higher resolution, and less pixelated and blurry textures. This is what this pack accomplishes, it still looks very much like Minecraft, but better. It is a great pack that mixes the old with the new, and it is used by many in lieu of the default pack when making videos or taking screenshots. It also works great with shaders, as there is less contrast between the high resolution shaders and the textures.
It makes the game look better, smoother and with a higher resolution, however this also means that it requires more of your system, so it may run worse if you have a less-than-great computer. Overall, a very versatile resource pack that doesn’t change the style, it only upgrades it.
This pack has not been updated to 1.7.2 yet, which means that new blocks introduced will have the textures of either any secondary resource pack you use, or the default Minecraft pack. This resource pack still works for 1.7.2 without any issues though, but new 1.7.2 textures will not be enhanced yet.
The pack requires either MCPatcher or OptiFine to function properly, as it might have missing textures or bugs if used without, this is due to it being a HD pack that uses features from those programs.
Here is a comparison to the default Minecraft pack:
How to install Ravand’s Realistic Resource and Texture Pack for Minecraft:
- Download the Resource Pack.
- Install either MCPatcher or OptiFine.
- Start Minecraft.
- Press Esc and go to options.
- Click on “Resource Packs”.
- Click on “Open resource pack folder”.
- Put the .zip file that you downloaded into the resource pack folder.
- The resource pack should now appear in Minecraft, now choose the resource pack and click “Done”.
- Enjoy your new realistic looking Minecraft!
- Download Minecraft Enhanced for Minecraft 1.7.2/1.6.4 [256×256]
- Download Minecraft Enhanced for Minecraft 1.7.2/1.6.4 [128×128]
- Download Minecraft Enhanced for Minecraft 1.7.2/1.6.4 [96×96]
- Download Minecraft Enhanced for Minecraft 1.7.2/1.6.4 [64×64]
- Download Minecraft Enhanced for Minecraft 1.7.2/1.6.4 [32×32]