The MeineKraft Honeyball Texture and Resource Pack was one of the first high definition packs out there, which has contributed a lot to its high success. Unfortunately, it seems that development of this pack has slowed, as there is not yet a version that supports the new biomes found in the 1.7.2 update, however the pack still works for this update, and with the new features of 1.7.2, you can have this as your primary pack, while having a secondary pack that is updated to include the new 1.7.2 biomes to change the textures of the mesas and so on. This means that this pack is still very much viable to use.
The pack itself is stylized and it is using higher resolution textures in order to make the game look smoother and better up-close. It doesn’t have a very time-specific style, but is kind of similar to the default Minecraft, only with better and crispier textures. The pack changes most aspects of the graphics, such as blocks, items, NPCs and mobs, but also the interface and menus have been changed and gotten a higher resolution.
It is a nice change from the look of default Minecraft, a stylized and nice looking HD pack that makes the game look a lot better, albeit a bit darker, while not looking too different from the normal Minecraft game. Useful for most players out there.
Here is a comparison to the default resource pack:
How to install the MeineKraft Honeyball Resource and Texture Pack for Minecraft:
- Download the Resource Pack.
- Install either MCPatcher or OptiFine.
- Start Minecraft.
- Press Esc and go to options.
- Click on “Resource Packs”.
- Click on “Open resource pack folder”.
- Put the .zip file that you downloaded into the resource pack folder.
- The resource pack should now appear in Minecraft, now choose the resource pack and click “Done”.
- Enjoy your new improved HD Minecraft!