The MCPatcher HD Fix, enables you to use HD texture packs that makes use of the extra options available in mods like this. That means, if you like to play with HD textures in Minecraft, you will need a mod. There are several mods for this, but the preferred is either the MCPatcher or OptiFine.
Besides adding graphic enhancements to Minecraft and making HD textures enabled, it also has several other features. One of these is the option to add mods and patch them to Minecraft. This makes it easy to install and remove mods.
It also comes with a built in texture pack to resource pack converter, so that you can convert old texture packs to work in Minecraft 1.6.2.
This is some of features that MCPatcher adds support for:
- Extended HD
- Connected textures
- Better Glass
- Better Skies
- Custom item textures
How to install MCPatcher HD Fix for Minecraft
- Download the MCPatcher for your OS below.
- Unpack the files from the zip, and start MCPatcher. It is preferred to start on a fresh install of Minecraft.
- When MCPatcher is open, click “Patch”.
- Now just choose the MCPatcher profile in the Minecraft launcher. If it does not exist, create one and choose “release [version]-mcpatcher” as version.
How to install resource packs with MCPatcher
Well, it’s pretty simple, just install as you would normally do (put the resource pack in to the resource pack folder).
- Start Minecraft.
- Press “Esc” and go to options.
- Click on the “Resource Packs” menu.
- Click “Open resource pack folder”.
- Put the zip file (resource pack) in to the resource pack folder.
- The resource pack should appear on the list, choose it and click “Done”.
How to install mods with MCPatcher
- Put the mod your downloaded in to the mods folder in the .minecraft folder. Usually it’s located here:
%appdata/.minecraft/mods/[minecraft version e.g. 1.6.2]/
- Start MCPatcher.
- Click on the + sign.
- Choose the mod from the list.
- Click patch.
[box type=”download” ]
- Download MCPatcher HD Fix for Minecraft 1.6.2 (Windows)
- Download MCPatcher HD Fix for Minecraft 1.6.2 (Other platforms)
If you are not using Windows, the file will be an executable .jar file. If it tries to unpack when you double click it to install, you can do the following to prevent this:
- Right click the file.
- Go to properties.
- Click run.
- Select java and click apply.
- Double click the mcpatcher again, it should run as normal.